Sweet Sweet Goo Sweet Sweet Goo

I've never really connected with your style of humor, though I did crack some at the whole " this is piss!". But despite not enjoying your writing or overall style, I still give credit where it's due.

The bathroom tile's grout eroding, the arcade cabinets, the lighting displacement, use of multiplane camera, the speedlines, relatively fluid lip sync, it's all very time consuming detail. It shows passion and skill. So for whatever trivial differences personal in tastes, I still completely respect what you do and the effort you put into it. Cheers.

Sexual-Lobster responds:

thanks.

Pikachu's Plight Pikachu's Plight

In terms of animation, you set the bar pretty high for us plebs. Your palette is always so appealing, and your characters have real presence in a scene. So very refreshing to see some traditional techniques with modern application. No idea how long these take on average for you to make, but the effort and attention to detail shines through. Spin on sir.

Game Grumps: It's Charizard! Game Grumps: It's Charizard!

Some good ideas here. Keep plugging away at those drawings; well on your way to some great things.

Definitely one quirky night at Freddy's Definitely one quirky night at Freddy's

Animation itself is lovely.

The Blob (Episode 1) The Blob (Episode 1)

Very difficult to give much meaningful feedback on this simply because it's not my medium. Will say that a more consistent light source is something to be conscious of for the next episode. I've no doubt you've familiar with Lee Hardcastle and his work; specifically his use of lighting.

You also changed the camera height a little over halfway through, and that's great. Like to see even more angles so we can catch every gooey second of carnage. Very interested to where you go with this, as you're off to a fantastic start. Shoot me a tell if you're every wanting to bounce some shots off someone.

kryzon responds:

Thanks! Next episode I will be sure to get an actual tripod (This was shot with my phone leaned up against a Rubik's Cube and a TV remote) and I'm going to probably use backgrounds of some sort with different angles. And the lighting was just a crappy desk lamp. I'll be sure to message you when I'm done shooting the next episode. :)

And yes, I love Lee Hardcastle haha.

Timmy and Toast Timmy and Toast

There is some good strength here in terms of script and originality. Certainly some decent potential in the actual interaction between the Toast and Timmy. But the realization that the Toast is alive doesn't seem to affect Timmy at all, and I think that's a major hitting point. That whole scene could have been pushed a bit more.

I was sort of hoping Timmy would have been in shock awe of his toast coming to life, mouth hanging open in wonder, only to absentmindedly continue to fill it with more toast. Perhaps even have Toast's eyes following the bread into Timmy's mouth. Just something more to drive home the gravity of a situation.

A good start overall.

HE DOES CARE - Game Grumps Animated HE DOES CARE - Game Grumps Animated

Audio: I have no idea if the the audio was compressed during rendering, or what your settings were. I'd recommend however that if you're not already, you use clipconverter(dot)cc or similar to grab a .wav version of the audio. It even lets you set the start and end times so you won't have to download the whole audio file. From there, keep the wav file and work with a conversion to mp3 if need be. After all is said and done, drop the wav in the final render.

Animation: There were a few stand out drawings that show you have more ability than you're letting on. I'd like to see that same ability reflected across the board for future animations. Expressions are good and readable for the most part. Boob physics were present.

I'd recommend pushing the contrast on the outlines as opposed to the fill for certain characters. Specifically, the blues and purples. When you used the "white of the eyes" I could read everything; as soon as you went back to using the outline colour for the eyes, lost that crucial immediate read.

Keep on pushing, and don't worry about how long or quickly you complete them. Any progress is progress, and you're already showing good potential.

rneary123 responds:

Thank You For the Advice, Im not to best when it comes to audio, because I have no idea on what Im doing with it, This will help me in future Thanks you :D

Pitfall Pitfall

Some really interesting solutions to otherwise daunting shots. Really glad you went full out on some of the multiplane camera work. I will say there were times when the characters lacked a sense of weight in the scene, but then there were some excellent examples where the characters were very present in the environment. It's tricky even for veterans.

Obviously if you plan to continue with animation, you'll need to put more time in drawing; specifically anatomy. But you have no shortage of personality in your character. I'm sure hearing "you've got great personality" sounds like a cop-out compliment, but this isn't the world of dating. If your character's personality isn't instantly readable at first glance, you need to go back to the drawing board. I had no doubt from the second the kid smiled what he was, and what his intentions were. That is a job well done.

Can absolutely smell the Avery/Jones on some of those centered "contemplation" shots too. Like watching some old Loony Tunes. Be very disappointed if you didn't continue with your work.

DotA2 Animated Music Video - So You're New Around Here DotA2 Animated Music Video - So You're New Around Here

The animation itself is legit. A few of the drawings could use some touching up in the anatomy, but overall it's shaping up good. Like the weight and poses. Maybe play around with some of the timing, but minor.

I'm an animator, not a rapper. So take my thinking the rap itself is a tad jarring with a grain of salt. Don't know if that's just what you were given, or if you made it, but oh lawrd. It's so white.

BabySteps responds:

hahaha thanks dude.... Yeah, it's super white; like ointment white.

Brothgar Plays Fnaf2 Dropped Project Brothgar Plays Fnaf2 Dropped Project

Your art will come along with time. For this, some of the phonemes are a tad off, but over all a really solid start. You're already doing much better at sync that other established animators. Keep at it.